Looking for some tools, or supplies?
Wondering what sorts of tools/materials I use for various projects? This is the page for you! While not an exhaustive list, this covers some of the essentials, and random other things I find helpful. Not only does this give you a decent starting point for kicking off your next project, it’s also a great reference for myself, for when I’m trying to find a particular item again. So, expect the lists to change, over time. Added bonus: If you click-through, and purchase anything from Amazon, you’re helping me buy my next cup of coffee!
- Ken’s Tools – Excellent selection of handmade tools
- Sculpture Geek – Also great for tools, and tutorials
- Chavant NSP Medium – Oil based clay
- Monster Clay – Oil based clay
- WED Clay – Water and Oil based clay (highly recommend finding a local supplier, e.g. pottery store)
- Sculpting Head Forms – David Mosher FX
These would be impractical to list, and a few are quite old, passed down from my grandfather. But, a brief rundown of stuff I use the most.
- Air Compressor
- Drill Press
- Table Saw
- Dust Collector
- Cordless drills
- Random Orbit Sander
- Dust Extractor (vacuum)
Molding / Casting
- Rebound 25
- Mold Star 15
- Smooth-Cast 65D
- Smooth-Cast 325
- Plasti-Paste II
- Free Form Air